Use Coupon Code: JUNE25 at checkout before June 30th to get 25% off
Become a Better Programmer by Writing Modular, Readable, and Reusable Code
Object-Oriented Programming in Python: Zero to Hero
Why Should You Learn Object-Oriented Programming in Python?
Object-oriented programming (OOP) is a programming model that is widely used in the industry.
Mastering OOP concepts allows you to write code that is readable, maintainable, reusable, and overall more elegant. All of these are skills that separate high-performing programmers from average programmers.
Everything in Python is actually an object! This means that your understanding of the Python programming language is not complete until you fully internalize OOP concepts and understand how to apply these concepts in Python.
So if you want to be a solid Python programmer, then understanding OOP concepts, learning how to design, implement, and apply these concepts in your code is crucial.
What You Will Learn
Write clean code that is reusable, modular, and readable
Level up your Python programming skills
Learn the fundamental object-oriented programming concepts
Apply OOP concepts to your Python code
Work on a project to enhance your understanding of the course
Good and bad practices when writing OOP code
Who is this Course for?
This course is for you if you:
have basic knowledge of Python and wants to take your skills to the next level
want to learn the fundamental concepts of object-oriented programming
want to learn how to apply object-oriented programming concepts in Python
like to learn concepts in-depth
like to learn by doing homework and working on a project
- 1- Your First Python Class and Object (17:05)
- 2- All About the id() Function (7:21)
- 3- How are Objects and Classes Stored in Memory? (11:15)
- 4- Expressing Object's Behavior using Methods (20:49)
- 5- Initializing Object Attributes using __init__ (15:35)
- 6- Encapsulation in Python (29:39)
- 7- Introducing the Project: MaxHandWins (8:11)
- 8- [Homework] Worksheet 1
- 9- Worksheet 1 - Solution
- 10- [Homework] Worksheet 2
- 11- Worksheet 2 - Solution
- 1- What are Magic Methods? (9:51)
- 2- Introduction to Arithmetic Magic Methods (12:02)
- 3- The __add__ magic method (3:03)
- 4- The __sub__ magic method (2:50)
- 5- The __mul__ magic method (3:05)
- 6- Introduction to Comparison Magic Methods (6:42)
- 7- Equality and Inequality Magic Methods (11:23)
- 8- More Comparison Magic Methods (10:23)
- 9- The __str__ Magic Method (9:33)
- 10- [Homework] Worksheet 5
- 11- Worksheet 5 - Solution
- 12- [Homework] Worksheet 6
- 13- Worksheet 6 - Solution
Frequently Asked Questions
Is this course for Python 2 or Python 3?
All the OOP concepts that we will discuss apply to Python 2 and Python 3. However, the code used in this course is written in Python 3.7
How long will I have access to the course?
After you enroll in the course, you will have lifetime access to the course. The course is yours to keep forever. Moreover, you will get all the updates to the course for free.
What are the prerequisites for this course?
This course is about object-oriented programming in Python. I assume that you have a fairly basic knowledge of the Python programming language. For example, you know what variables, for loops, functions, lists, and dictionaries are.
Will I get access to the full course all at once?
Can I pay with PayPal?
Absolutely. On the checkout page, you will find an option to pay with PayPal.
What if I want a refund?
This course has a 30-day money-back guarantee. If you are unhappy with this course (for whatever reason) within the first 30 days, contact [email protected], and you will be issued a refund.
I have more questions, who should I contact?
Please send your questions to [email protected]